You have decided that you would like to purchase some plastic storage boxes to help clean up around the house and organize items that would otherwise be very difficult to keep after. Once you have made this decision, you need to decide where you are going to go to procure the plastic storage boxes so that you can get the best deal for your dollar. This article offers a number of ideas on where you can go to get good deals on plastic storage boxes, followed by discussion on some of the most important uses for plastic storage boxes, and what sets plastic storage containers apart from alternatives.
Where To Get Quality Plastic Storage Boxes
– If you don’t mind buying used, check out your local Goodwill store, where you can buy a wide variety of items at bargain basement prices, including some cheap plastic storage boxes with lids. You can find some real gems where most people wouldn’t even think of looking.
– Visit your local yard sales and garage sales, where people are always looking to get rid of items that they no longer need, such as commonly used collapsible plastic storage boxes. You may be able to find yourself a good deal. You might also want to check any flea markets that might be in your area.
– Visit online auction sites like eBay, where plastic storage boxes are just one group of hundreds of thousands of items that are being bought and sold everyday, often at prices that are nearly impossible to beat anywhere else.
– Your local hardware store, or home improvement chain stores like Home Depot and Lowe’s. They might carry these items as industrial plastic storage boxes are very popular for organizing things around the shop.
– Your local office supply store, or chain stores like Staples, Office Depot, and OfficeMax. Plastic storage boxes are also used extensively around the office to help keep track of frequently used items.
– Nextag.com – compare prices, reviews, and buy virtually anything under the sun, including plastic storage boxes at Nextag.com. http://www.nextag.com
– Amazon.com – online shopping from the earth’s biggest selection of books, furniture, electronics, computers, jewelry, tools, and just about anything else. http://www.amazon.com
– Wal-Mart – discount retailer where you can buy anything from plastic storage boxes to automotive parts to clothing to hunting and fishing accessories all under one roof. http://www.walmart.com
– Rubbermaid – manufacturer and marketer of a wide variety of plastic storage solutions, including plastic storage boxes, plastic trash cans of all different shapes and sizes, plastic food storage containers, laundry containers, and much more. http://www.rubbermaid.com
By looking into some of the options mentioned above, you should be able to find the right plastic storage boxes to meet your needs, at prices that won’t break your bank.
Related Link: How To Clean Your Plastic Storage Boxes
Important Uses For Plastic Storage Boxes
Plastic storage boxes are used in virtually every walk of life, whenever things need protection from wear and tear or safe keeping. Some of the most common applications for plastic storage boxes are given below.
Plastic storage containers are used extensively in food storage applications, as many plastic storage boxes with lids have excellent sealing capabilities. This sealing ability helps to protect your food from potentially harmful bacteria that could cause your food to spoil prematurely and make you sick. I like to use clear plastic storage boxes for this particular application because I can see what’s inside the container without having to open it up. It should also be mentioned that plastic food storage containers are very easy to label, so that the contents can be easily identified. Another neat thing that sets plastic food storage boxes apart from the other types of boxes is that they don’t break when dropped like most glass containers, and they are safe for the microwave, unlike metal containers.
Related Link: Considerations When Buying Plastic Storage Boxes
Storage In The Shop Or At The Plant
I use plastic storage boxes quite a bit in my garage to store nuts and bolts, as well as other small items that are just too difficult to keep track of otherwise. For the nuts and bolts, I like to use plastic storage boxes with dividers, as the dividers allow me to sort the nuts and bolts according to size and keep them separate. This is a lot better than digging through a box that contains all different sizes while trying to find the one size that I need.
Plastic storage containers are used extensively in manufacturing facilities. Small plastic storage boxes are used to store mechanical fasteners, lubricants, and other small items. These boxes are often color-coded so that personnel can associate items with colors, helping them find things faster and be more efficient. Large industrial plastic storage boxes are often used to store raw materials. Some of these boxes can hold over a ton of material. Most of them have access slots at the bottom of the box for forklifts. Some of these boxes are collapsible plastic storage boxes that can be folded up and stored away when not in use.
Storage At The Office
Plastic storage containers are used quite a bit in office settings to store small items like staples, push pins, paper clips, pens, pencils, and other items. I use cheap plastic storage boxes with lids in my office to help me keep track of these items. The boxes have latches on each side that keep the lids snapped on top. If I drop one of these boxes, the lids will keep the contents from spilling out everywhere.
Very Useful In Home Storage
I use plastic containers for storage of books, clothing, and other items around the house. These boxes are great, as they have snap-top lids, and are clear so that I can quickly see what’s in the box. If I am looking for a particular book, I can tell right away what box that book is in. I keep a lot of these items outdoors in my shop, and the lids do a great job of protecting my items from moisture and insects.
Differences Between Plastic Storage Boxes And Other Storage Boxes
Plastic Versus Cardboard
Plastic storage boxes are much more durable than cardboard storage boxes. They can stand up to a lot more abuse. Unlike cardboard boxes, plastic storage containers can be used in environments that aren’t climate-controlled, such as outdoors. Plastic storage boxes with lids seal better, protecting the contents from animals and moisture. Cardboard containers break down due to prolonged exposure to moisture. Cardboard containers also have to assembled, where plastic storage boxes can be used immediately upon purchase. Many plastic storage boxes are transparent, giving you good optical clarity when you need it. You don’t have this luxury with cardboard boxes.
However, cardboard boxes are less expensive. If they are going to be kept in a climate-controlled environment, then they may be the way to go. They are also biodegradable, which is good for the environment. Plastic storage containers will sit in a landfill for all eternity if discarded. They are also made from petroleum by-products.
Plastic Versus Metal
Plastic storage containers are lighter in weight and much easier to move around than metal containers. This is important if you have to carry these containers around constantly. They won’t rust like metal containers, have good optical clarity, and don’t have sharp edges that can make metal storage containers difficult to handle at times. Plastic food storage containers can be used in the microwave, where metal containers can’t. Plastic storage boxes are also less expensive than their metal counterparts.
Metal storage boxes, however, are much stronger and more durable than plastic boxes. They can be used in high-temperature environments, such as in baking applications, where most plastics would melt. Tin is easier to recycle than most plastics, and unlike plastics, metals do not come from petrochemicals.
Plastic Versus Glass
Perhaps, the most obvious advantage that plastic storage boxes have over glass storage containers is that most plastics won’t shatter when dropped on the floor. This advantage often makes plastic storage containers the best choice in working environments. Glass is also heavier, possibly making glass containers more difficult to move around. Plastic containers usually cost less than glass containers as well.
In spite of the many benefits that plastic storage containers might have when compared to their glass counterparts, glass can be used in high-temperature applications, where plastics can’t. Glass is much easier to recycle than most plastics, and glass doesn’t come from petrochemicals either.
After reading this article, you should now know where you can go to get high-quality plastic storage boxes, how you can use them, and whether plastic storage boxes are the best option for your particular application.